- 350g sweet potato
- 1 cup diced zucchini (yellow or green)
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tbsp spring onions, sliced on diagonal
- 1 tbsp roasted soy nuts (optional – I use So Soya soy nuts, which are available at Superstore.)
Peel sweet potato and chop into 1 inch cubes. Add water to a pot and simmer sweet potato until softened (about 8-10 mins). In the final 2 minutes of cooking, add diced zucchini. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, lime juice, Greek yogurt, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well, then add olive oil and whisk until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
In a serving bowl, add sweet potato cubes, zucchini pieces, bell pepper and apricot pieces. Drizzle the dressing over top and toss to coat. Garnish with spring onion and roasted soy nuts, if using. Serve hot or cold.
Serving Suggestion: To increase the protein content of this recipe, add some cooked cubed chicken breast or a vegetarian source of protein such as edamame.
Nutrition per serving: 249 cal, 7g fat (1g saturated), 107mg sodium, 44g carb, 7g fiber, 14g sugar, 5g protein