- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 small shallot, minced
- pinch of chili flakes
- 200g cooked shrimp or cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 2oz/56g rice noodles
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- ½ cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 thick slices of pineapple and a few cilantro sprigs, to garnish
Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow them to sit in the water until soft, about 10 minutes.
Whisk together all ingredients for dressing in a medium-sized bowl. Add shrimp/chicken, cucumber, carrots, cashews, and rice noodles when they have softened. Toss to combine, coating evenly with dressing.
Divide amongst 2 plates and garnish with pineapple wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Nutrition per serving (using shrimp): 372 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 195mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 46g carb, 2g fiber, 10g sugar, 26g protein.
Nutrition per serving (using chicken): 383 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 58mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 46g carb, 2g fiber, 10g sugar, 29g protein.