- 1 tsp olive oil (or use a mister)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- about 250g boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup chopped yellow onions
- ¼ tsp ground ginger and ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp each cumin, turmeric, and coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more if you like a little more heat
- 1 cup chopped coloured bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatos, with juices
- about 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet or mist lightly. Add the garlic and chicken, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink on the outsides. (You can add a little water or chicken stock here if the pan gets too dry).
Add the onions and all spices to the pan, and cook over medium heat until fragrant and onions are slightly soft (about 1-2 minutes). For a spicy but slightly sweet dish, add a few pinches of stevia here. Pour in the tomatos and chopped bell peppers. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover with a lid. Cook until the tomato juices have reduced by about half.
Divide the mixture amongst 2 bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 229 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated), 72mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 16g carbs, 4g fiber, 9g sugar, 32g protein.