This recipe was inspired by 1) my love for Starbucks lite Frappuccinos (and Starbucks in general), and 2) a post by the fabulous Julie, a fellow foodie. She introduced me to xanthan gum, which is a product (safe for those allergic to gluten) that can be used to make smoothies thicker. Beware though – a little goes a long way! For 1 big smoothie, I only use about 1/4-1/2 tbsp.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop peanut butter & chocolate protein powder
- 1/4-1/2 tbsp xanthan gum (What is this?)
- stevia or agave to sweeten
- ice cubes (I use about 6)
Add all ingredients to blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!