I hope your weekend is off to a lovely, relaxing start so far! I’m about to head out for a hike with my friends Kate and Robyn, but first, as promised yesterday, I have my Top 10 Running Tunes to share with you! These change on a regular basis, but here is the list as of right now, with a couple of vids for your viewing pleasure.
- Afterglow (Remix) by INXS – the video is in this post.
- Elevation (Fast Distance Remix) by AMR
- Poppiholla by Chicane
- Use Somebody (Chew Fu Remix) by Kings of Leon
- Touch by Natasha Bedingfield
- Riding on the Wings by Motiv8
- Band of Gold by Kimberly Locke
- Boys and Girls (Ultrabeat Remix) by Pixie Lott
- Any Way You Want It / Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin by the Glee Cast (come on, you knew there had to be at least 1 Glee song!)
- Open Your Eyes by Snowpatrol – I recommend putting this at the end of your playlist, especially if you’re running. The beat builds up as the song goes on and will make you want to sprint to the finish. Just try to listen without getting chills up your spine!
The 5 Days of Sandwiches Wrap-Up
Yesterday was the final day of my 5 Days of Sandwiches, and the feature was the Scrambled Egg and Veggie Wrap.
This wrap was absolutely lovely, and the salsa that I added gave it a nice little bit of heat. The only improvement I would have made was to remember to add mushrooms to the scramble!! I had them sitting in my fridge but totally forgot, and as a result, my wrap was left shroomless. But don’t fret bloggies – I’ve added them into the recipe link above.
All of the 5 Days of Sandwiches features are now posted on the Recipes page, but just to re-cap in order, they were:
- Turkey and Swiss Wrap with Apple Slices
- Chicken and Grilled Vegetable Pita with White Bean Spread
- Toasted Egg and Swiss Sandwich
- Turkey with Rosemary Sweet Potato Puree
- Scrambled Egg and Veggie Wrap
Yesterday I found a cookbook that my dad gave me ages ago. I had totally forgotten about it and immediately, I was overcome by the urge to cook practically everything in it. (Don’t worry, I didn’t. I don’t have nearly that many groceries on hand on a typical Friday.) Am I the only one that experiences this when exposed to cookbooks with ridiculously beautiful photos? This has inspired me to chef up loads of new creations for next week, so get ready for some new recipes!
In the meantime, I’m off to enjoy the great outdoors with my girlies, but I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and if you’re in Canada, a loooong weekend! I’ll be back a-bloggin’ on Monday morning!
Questions for Today:
- What are your plans for the long weekend?
- What are your favourite, most inspiring/motivating/energy-pumping songs to work out to?
- Finally, since I’m always the one asking questions, do you have any questions for me?