How’s your day going so far? Before I get onto today’s post, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for all of your congratulatory comments yesterday! I love blogging, but I love it even more when I know that there are lovely people like YOU reading it!
While doing some bloggy maintenance this weekend, I realized that I haven’t posted a workout for you in quite some time. My hip hasn’t been agreeing with my usual running routine lately, so I’ve switched things up a bit by jumping on the cross trainer rather than the treadmill for a lower-impact workout. This morning I was in quite the cardio-loving mood, so I did all 5 rounds of the following workout. However, if you don’t have an entire hour to spare, don’t worry. A couple of rounds will still give you a great workout! Click the image below to enlarge.
Now, although this is a thrilling workout on its own, it is even more exciting when you ellipticize to the following list of tunes. These are suitable for any cardio workout, but if it’s running music specifically that you’re after, then check out my Top 10 Running Tunes in this post and the Tunes page.) I’ve linked the songs in the following list to YouTube so that you can sample them if you’d like. This playlist will last just over an hour, and is a mish-mash of some new and old songs. If you’d like a little background music to read to (and to pump you up on this glorious Tuesday morning) I’ve posted the first video below.
- 2012 (Jump Smokers Remix) – Jay Sean ft Nicki Minaj
- Use Somebody – Ultrabeat, Clubland 16 (Kings of Leon cover)
- Club Can’t Handle Me (Step Up 3D Remix) – Flo Rida ft David Guetta
- And She Said – Lucas Prata
- Chemical - Hawksley Workman
- Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback
- Teenage Dream (Liam Keegan mix) – Katy Perry
- Take It Off – Ke$ha
- Set You Free - N-Trance (an oldie but a goodie!)
- Relax – Blake McGrath
- If I Had You – Adam Lambert
- Dynamite - Taio Cruz
- Sex on Fire (Green Mountain Remix) – Tina Cousins, Clubland 16 (Kings of Leon cover)
- You Get What You Give – LMC vs New Radicals
- Fight for this Love (Moto Blanco Remix) – Cheryl Cole
- I Gotta Feeling (Laidback Luke Remix) – Black Eyed Peas
- The Fall – Brendan James (Kath posted this on her blog last week and I am in love with this song!)
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
And with that, I’m off to get on with Try Something New Tuesday 22! But first, a little light reading and a few questions for today:
- Want some more playlists? Check out these ones from Self and these ones from Shape.
- Check out ThatsFit.ca’s Ask the Expert: How to get a better elliptical workout.
- What are your favourite workout songs right now?