wweather

What I want to eat this weekend

Even though our weekend weather forecast looks like this…

…. I fully intend to do lots of this:

(Source)

Yep. Well, maybe not kebabs specifically, but there will be barbecuing of some sort happening. I’m pleased to announce that my fearless champion of a roommate has successfully removed the wasp nest from our grill, and it’s back in business!

There have been a plethora of freaking delicious-looking, summery recipes out in the blogosphere lately, and although I likely won’t have the time to make them all this weekend, I thought I’d share a few that I’ve got my eye on. Let’s see….

Avocado Lime Fruit Salad from How Sweet it Is

High Protein Quinoa Almond Berry Salad (vegan and gluten-free) from Oh She Glows

Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers from Can You Stay For Dinner?

Chili Rubbed Pork with Grilled Pineapple Salsa from RecipeGirl.com

Salmon with Grilled Peach Salsa from Natural Noshing

Grilled Corn with Smokey Lime Mayo from A Spicy Perspective

Raw Sweet Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad from Eat, Live, Run

And what about dessert? Well, I’ve got my heart set on this one:

Honey Fruit Salad with Grilled Angel Food Cake from Heat oven to 350.

Who wants to come over? ;)

So tell me…

• What’s on your menu this weekend? Feel free to link to recipes – I’ve got a long list of to-cook’s but I don’t mind adding more!
  • If you could have just one dish from the recipes above, which would it be? (Then after you tell me, go visit the posts of these awesome bloggers and tell them how great they are!!)
  • Name one thing you accomplished and/or are proud of this week.

Comments

great selection of recipes, angela! and i’m glad you will be bonding with the bbq this weekend! hopefully the weather forecast is wrong!
    i would try the grilled corn recipe – i love corn on the cob!
    i’m happy that i spent a lot of time with friends this week…and drank a lot of coffee with them! :)

Thanks for linking to the tuna burgers. That’s what I’d make. As for weekend eats, I already splurged on pizza last night. Hopefully when I’m at the in-laws’ house this weekend they’ll have some healthy eats.

Oh I’ve been wanting to do this too! There are SO many recipes I want to try.

Hmm…I’ve probably go with the OSG’s one from above.

On top of ice cream…perfectly. Normal. Right?

;)

I’m a sucker for avocado so the first salad you linked to looks amazing to me!
    I’m not sure what’s on the menu for me this weekend, but I am envisioning some not-so-healthy amusement park food at Wonderland :)

I’m dying to make Jessica’s whole wheat banana bread pancakes! But there were seriously so many blog recipes I saw this week that I’d love to eat (this post just helped me add to the list! haha)

I’ve been loving on sweet corn lately in various forms – SO GOOD! I’ve made my own version of grilled corn before but the photo makes me want to try this version too!