Fit Bit Friday 11
Good morning friends!
Happy Friday! I hope your week has been wonderful and that you’ve got some fun plans for the weekend. This morning I was up super early to squeeze in a workout, and am currently en-route to see my mum and help her move into her new house… but not before I give you a new Fit Bit Friday!!
Work It Out
Since last week’s workout was a strength-based one, let’s do a little cardio, shall we? This workout is just over half an hour long so you won’t have to sacrifice much of your well-deserved weekend relaxation hours to squeeze it in. I’ve written it up for the treadmill, but you could also apply it to any other machine that allows you adjust speed and incline (or crossramp).
The Up-and-Over Workout
***Disclaimer: As with all workouts posted on Eat Spin Run Repeat, please check with a medical professional before beginning any exercise program. I am not a certified personal trainer and all workouts found on my blog are based only on my own experience.***
I’m not a fan of running hills – at all. But just like other aspects of life, sometimes it’s the things we hate to do that we need to work on the most. This week I vowed to make friends with the treadmill’s incline button and you know what? It really wasn’t that bad! I won’t say it was easy, and it certainly was a sweat fest, but I felt great after!
The run is made up of 3 smaller hills, then one biggie at the end that has you increasing speed the entire time. As usual, the speeds I’ve indicated are what I used, but be sure to adjust them for your own fitness level – they’re only there to indicate the size of the speed changes (usually only 0.1 or 0.2 miles per hour). If you’re not sure about how to gauge what the numbers in the Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) column mean, check out my handy little chart.
When you’re finished, be sure to stretch, stretch, stretch!! 🙂
Turn It Up
This week’s tune is a little different from my usual dance-y trance-y ones that I’ve been posting. It’s called Ready To Roll by Jet Black Stare, and if you’re looking for a good song to pound out the last 3 minutes of your cardio workout to, this is the one!
What do you think? Like? Dislike? Not sure?
Have A Read
Here’s a few links that might be of interest this weekend:
- 5 earphone designs that stay put while running via FitSugar. I was SO happy to come across this article!! I have gone through tons of sets of earphones over the past couple of years, and my current set is driving me crazy!!!! The left side is ok but the right one always pops out. Has anyone tried any of the 5 designs in this article? Better yet, any brands to recommend for me?
- Post-run yoga stretches for runners from RunnersWorld via Fitbie
- 9 Fitness Rules to Break from Women’s Health
- Not Feeling It? 10 ways to motivate and get your run on via FitSugar
Questions for today:
- Do you despise hill running as much as I do?
- Do you have a fun workout planned for this weekend? Tell me about it!
- What’s your favourite tune on your workout playlist right now?
Have a fantastic weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday! 🙂