Good morning friends!
Phew! It’s finally Friday! It’s also the first day of fall, and things are certainly feeling fall-y around here. After a week of less than ideal weather, I’m so glad the weekend is only a few hours away. Since last weekend was spent packing, lifting, carrying, and unpacking boxes for my mum at her new house, I’m looking forward to a little R&R over the next couple of days. What have you got planned? In addition to seeing some friends, I’ve got a few of my September goals that I need to get cracking on because it’s already September 23rd!!
Over to regularly scheduled program, here’s your weekly Fit Bit Friday!!
Work It Out
This is a routine that I made up on the treadmill pre-strength training session yesterday. I’d planned to do a lower body workout, but decided that I was too tired on Wednesday night to write one up so I multi-tasked during my 8.5 mile run and came up with an absolute beauty. I hope your lower bod is ready!
The Fab 500 Workout
***Disclaimer: As with all workouts posted on Eat Spin Run Repeat, please check with a medical professional before beginning any exercise program. I am not a certified personal trainer and all workouts found on my blog are based only on my own experience.***
While this workout may give you the urge to scream out other words that start with the word F, I’ve decided to call it the Fab 500 workout because there are 500 reps in total and they will (after time) have your lower bod lookin’ fabulous! You’ll get the most difficult exercises out of the way near the beginning, then move on through some less heavily weighted exercises. A warning though – they won’t feel much easier after your legs make if through the first 200 reps! The weights listed are what I used, but please adjust for your fitness level.
Note: If you have joint issues in your lower body (for example, bad knees) I would recommend doing this workout with extreme caution, and make modifications for yourself as you go. Be careful – use zero weight if you need to!
Turn It Up
This week’s tune is Your Surrender by Neon Trees. I’ve been listening to this song for a couple of months now on XM Radio and I finally remembered to download it yesterday. Spin class participants, it’s coming to a workout near you soon!
Have A Read
- Top 5 Fitness Tracking Websites from International Business Times. Have you tried any?
- 8 questions to help you choose a good Pilates instructor – via Huffington Post. This was particularly interesting to me since my first Pilates experience was this past Monday. To my Pilates instructor readers, what do you think about this? Anything to add? It’s definitely given me some things to think about in the next one I go to!
Questions for today:
- Did you take the Real Age test that I talked about in yesterday’s post? If not, put it on your to-do’s this weekend!
- Any workout requests for next Friday?
- What are you most looking forward to this weekend?