How are you doing today? I hope your morning has been just peachy so far. I don’t know about you, but all this darkness at 5pm business is seriously messing with my sleep schedule. Last night I was so tired so I went to bed at what felt like my usual time, but as I was setting my alarm I realized it was only 8:30! There are 5 year olds in the world that were probably up later than me!
Anyways, over to the real topic of the day, Try Something New Tuesday! Here’s what went down yesterday:
1. Recipe of the Week: About 2 months ago, I mentioned to my early Monday morning spin class that I was open to taking song requests for the next workout. As usual, I also said that I’d love to hear any suggestions they have for how I can make the class better for them. A couple of the men decided that would really make their Monday mornings great is if I were to bring in muffins. Because I’m such a giver, I said sure! But under one condition: All of them had to attend 5 classes in a row. After that, I’d be more than happy to bring them muffins. This proved to be an excellent tactic, because they came religiously for the next 5 weeks!
Last week was supposed to be muffin week, but because I was so ill and no amount of microphone was going to cut it, I had to sub out the class. This week, I knew I owed it to them, so I spent my Sunday morning whipping up a batch of muffins. There had been a request for banana ones, but this seemed a little boring to me. Being a nutrition nut, I decided to amp them up a bit and create some Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Flax Muffins.
scrumptious! And nutritious to boot – they’re made with 100% whole wheat pastry flour (nothing refined), as well as flaxseed and spelt bran, which gives them a fiber content of a whopping 6 grams each.
2. The Lululemon Spin Me Tank. Remember that little purchase I briefly alluded to yesterday? This is it, and I put it to the test during yesterday’s workout.
I’m showing you the light purple one because you can see the details better, but I purchased the black top because the purple luxtreme fabric was just a little too light if you catch my drift. A quick look at the specs:
My workout consisted of a super sweaty, backside-kicking interval run which almost had me wanting to call it quits early (seriously, it was b-rooooo-tal), which added up to a total of 8.8 miles. This was followed by about 45 minutes of weights, and a few minutes of awkward photography in the gym changing rooms.
I tried to get a good picture of the back of the tank when I got home, but you try getting your head around 1) taking a photo of your back, 2) with an iPhone camera that can be flipped, 3) in a mirror, 4) before most normal people are even awake.
My apologies for the blurriness. I only noticed it when I uploaded my photos to my Mac last night, and I considered doing a re-shoot but there was no way I was putting that sweaty beast back on.
Anyways, about the top: I LOVED it! I’ve mentioned in the past that I’ve been
cursed blessed with an abnormally long torso, but the length on this tank was fabulous. It’s the kind you could wear while doing overhead shoulder presses without having to expose your belly to the rest of the gym in the process. The shelf bra was supportive (well, enough for me that is) and in general, it was a really comfy top. In terms of size, I am a big fan of the Cool Racerback tank as well, and I found that I was the same size in the Spin Me tank. I hope Lulu comes out with some more colours because I’d like to add a few of these to my collection! 🙂
3. CHOBANI!!!!!! Yes folks, I have finally had the chance to try the famous Cho. I was recently contacted by a rep for the company who informed me that Chobani is coming to Toronto and the surrounding area – YAY!! Even though I don’t really live in the GTA, she offered to have some sent up to me and I couldn’t have been more excited. The next afternoon, a lovely gentleman turned up at my front door with this:
Inside was 2 pots of Chobani that I couldn’t wait to tear into. But…. it wasn’t Tuesday, so I made myself wait. And wait. And wait. Until FINALLY, yesterday rolled around. I was dreaming about the pomegranate one for about 80% of my workout and when I got home for breakfast, I was about as happy as a little kid on Christmas morning.
I didn’t want to do anything too fancy to it because I figured that such a fabulous thing should just be enjoyed on its own. I chopped up some slices of Honeycrisp apple as dippers and went to town on the pomegranate pot.
Oh my… it was like a pomegranate explosion in my mouth, bursting with flavour in epic proportions. Really, it was that good. I found this Greek yogurt to be thicker and more creamy than the Oikos vanilla one I tasted a couple of weeks ago. It needed a good stir before dunking the apple slices in, but I was pleased to read that the fruit flavouring stirred up from the bottom isn’t made up of the nasties that you’d find in other flavoured yogurts. As the packaging reads, it’s just natural ingredients in that little tub. I can definitely see myself trekking over to the Toronto area to hoard a few crates of this! Thanks so much for the folks at Chobani and High Road for setting me up with the samples!
Alrighty, that is all! Before you go, tell me:
- What’s your favourite type of muffin?
- Favourite Lululemon product?
- Did you try anything new yesterday?