Fit Bit Friday 39… and a giveaway winner!
Good morning bloggies!
Ok, first things first – I’ve got a blog birthday giveaway winner to announce! Thanks for all of your comments, tweets, and pins. Using the lovely random number generator at random.org, the winning comment is #17…
Congratulations Danielle! Please email me at eatspinrunrepeat (at) gmail (dot) com with your shipping info and I’ll be sure to get your copy of Fresh Bites in the mail asap!! For anyone else who would like to purchase either the print version or the e-book for iPads and iPods, you can do so by checking out the Fresh Bites page.
Now over to Fit Bit Friday 39!
Work It Out
I mentioned yesterday that I had recently done a really
brutal awesome lower body workout and it’s so great that I think you should do it too! Don’t be fooled if your legs and butt aren’t a little sore afterwards, because if you do the exercises properly, I’d be willing to bet that your muscles will definitely be howling the next day!
The Booty Burner Workout
There are 4 parts to this routine (A to D), and you’ll notice that two of them are supersets involving pairs of exercises. For these supersets (A and D), you’ll do 10 reps of the first exercise, immediately followed by 10 of the next. Rest for 30-60 seconds, then do another set, repeating until you’ve completed the number of sets specified. The exercises in part B and C require machines, and you’ll alternate legs so that one is resting while the other works. Watch out for those walking lunges and the butt blaster (or donkey kicks if you don’t have access to this machine) – they get me every time!!
Here are some descriptions in case you’re unsure of the exercises I’ve listed in this workout:
- Barbell squats
- Barbell split squats – you can do this with both feet on the floor, or with your back foot on a bench for a bigger challenge
- Butt blaster or donkey kicks
- Seated single leg and double leg extensions
- Barbell BOSU side-split squats – as shown below, but with a barbell across your shoulders
Once you’ve finished, stretch out your glutes and legs. If you have one available, grab a foam roller and have a little roll on all the muscles you’ve just worked. Of course it’s important to stay hydrated, so be sure to drink water throughout!
Turn It Up
This morning’s tune isn’t really a workout one, and it’s very girly, but I promise it’s one that will make you feel happy! Have you ever had a bad morning? Who hasn’t, right? Well after listening to Mandisa’s Good Morning, it’s kind of impossible not to feel at least a little bit better.
Ah yes, ’tis a good morning indeed – especially because I just found out yesterday that watermelons are $5.99 at Sobeys… and guess who already bought 2!
Have A Read
- 10 reasons your ab exercises aren’t working – via Fitbie
- 3 CrossFit total body workouts – via Self
- Biking and sexual health in women - Several of my spin class participants brought this article from the National Post to my attention this week. It talks about studies that have shown that pressure on ‘reproductive bits’ from bike seats leads to sexual dysfunction in males, and suggests that implications may be similar for females. Women that ride 10+ miles per week were involved in a more recent study, and handlebar positioning seemed to be a factor that affected the end results. If you’re a spinning enthusiast, what do you think about all of this? Is it enough to make you reduce the amount that you ride, or do you not consider it a concern?
Annnnnd last but not least, my questions for today:
- What’s one song that always puts you in a great mood?
- What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Have a good one!