What to feed a Dragon?
Hey there friends!
I know you don’t normally hear from me on a Thursday, but I couldn’t resist sharing some news about a little project I’ve been working on lately. You may remember that back in I reviewed Cookin’ Greens Designer Mix, a frozen blend of dark leafy greens. I recently had a great opportunity to work with Cookin’ Greens again on really exciting project involving the hit CBC TV show Dragons’ Den.
In case you’re not yet familiar with Cookin’ Greens, here’s some quick background info:
- They’re a small frozen vegetable company out of Toronto that produces 5 different types of frozen green products.
- The company’s greens are super fresh and vitamin-dense – they’re taken straight from farm-to-freezer in less than 6 hours!
- Super convenient: The greens can be prepared from their frozen state – no draining, washing, drying or chopping required.
- Super quick: The greens can be cooked straight from the freezer in minutes – there’s no need to thaw them ahead of time or defrost in the freezer.
- They taste awesome – you’d never know the greens were frozen!
This week, Cookin’ Greens has been posting recipes on their Facebook page that have been developed by bloggers including myself. Why you ask? Because the company will be appearing on the show on March 24th. Today they’re featuring my recipe, the Sesame Dragon Bowl. This creation was inspired by David Chilton, using Cookin’ Greens Kale.
I thought that this recipe suited David because in addition to his recently-acquired title as a Dragon on the show, he’s also known as the businessman who published bestselling cookbooks Looneyspoons, Crazy Plates and Eat, and Shrink & Be Merry. These books are focused on healthy eating, weight loss, and anti-aging, and my recipe is too. On a completely separate note, David is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University and so am I! 😀
I’d love for you to head over to the Cookin’ Greens Facebook page to see the recipe. You’ll also see the awesome recipes posted by other bloggers this week, and find out how you can show your support during their Dragons’ Den Debut. After the episode airs on Sunday, you’ll be able to vote for Cookin’ Greens on CBC’s website.
And lastly, to spread the Cookin’ Greens love a little further, I’ve got a little prize pack to give away! The winner will receive 1 cooler bag and 1 coupon for a free bag of Cookin’ Greens, and all you need to do is leave a comment on this post telling me what recipe you’d make for the Dragon I was assigned, David Chilton.
I’ll announce the winner on Monday morning, the day after the episode airs on CBC. Note that this giveaway is open to Canadian residents only – sorry friends in the US, I’ll get ya next time!
***NOTE: This giveaway is now closed.***
Have a great day, and I’ll see ya back here tomorrow with regularly scheduled programming!