How are you doing? I hope your Wednesday has been fab so far. Today I’ve got a great giveaway to share with you, but first, let’s talk about this week’s featured recipe!
1. Recipe of the Week. I’ve been wanting to share this one with you guys for weeks, but then Vancouver happened, and then I figured I better share my Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Balsamic Drizzle with you before peaches go out of season. (FYI, there are only 3 days left in August. YIKES!) Now that things are back to normal, I’ve made you a delicious dinner!
But the salsa really is the prettiest part, so I’m going to show you lots of it.
These Grilled Tilapia Tacos with Nectarine Salsa are full of flavour, colour, and and nutrition. If you don’t have tilapia, don’t worry – you can use any other mild fish like cod, haddock, or sole, and achieve the same delicious results. The fillets only need a couple of minutes on the barbeque, so I’d recommend making the salsa before heating the grill.
As for the tacos, I used La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Whole Grain Rye Wraps. I love them because they’re super soft, full of fiber (8g per wrap) and hold the fillings really nicely.
2. UnDiet by Meghan Telpner. Sooo… I’ve added another cookbook to my collection. But this one isn’t just a cookbook – it’s much more! As some of you may already know, my fellow foodie friend and nutritionista extraordinaire Meghan Telpner released her book, UnDiet in the spring. I was asked to be a stop on her virtual book tour, an opportunity that I happily accepted.
So what’s the book all about? Well, Meghan says…
“UnDiet is a fabulous, practical, and modern guide to true health. Without ever using the word “diet,” I encourage major life changes small step by small step with help from the latest nutritional science, a fun and encouraging voice, and an “abundance mindset.” This book is ideal for those seeking plant-based, health promoting (and gluten-free to boot) way of living offering a very accessible path to health.
UnDiet answers the question many people have when they realize it’s time for a change in their diets, a change in their health, and a change in their lives: Where do I start? Without being too far off the mainstream, UnDiet offers a simple, attainable, and most importantly, maintainable approach to living life well.
UnDiet offers a lifestyle based not on deprivation and painful restrictions, but vitality, mindfulness, and joy.”
But enough with the words. I’m going to let Meghan tell you all about it herself!! (If the video below doesn’t load, you can find it here).
In addition to heaps of useful information about nutrition, eating mindfully, and how we can make better choices that have a positive impact on our health, the book also includes over 40 delicious gluten-free, plant-based recipes. Oh, and don’t just think they’ll make your tummy happy – there are edible face masks and body butter recipes too! I’ve already made several of them, but up until yesterday I hadn’t tried Meghan’s almond dipping sauce. Lucky for you and me, she’s letting me share the recipe today!
Excerpted from UnDiet. Copyright © 2013 Meghan Telpner. Published by McClelland and Stewart, which is a division of Random House of Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
After making the sauce on Monday night, I took some in my lunch along with some raw veggies to snack on in the afternoon. (The photos you see here were taken before I threw everything into portable containers.)
It tasted amazing (in fact, I think I’m addicted!), and I love that the sauce only required a couple of ingredients that I always tend to have in my kitchen. I’m thinking this would also be a great marinade for chicken and tofu steaks, a sauce for stir fried veggies, and a dip for Thai Fresh Spring Rolls. I’m a big fan of spicy food, so next time I might throw in a few dried chili flakes as well. If you love almond butter, you’ll love this sauce!
Want to score a free copy of UnDiet for yourself? I’ve got an extra copy and am looking to give it away to one lucky reader. All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me:
What is one change (small or ginormous) that you’ve made this year to healthify your life?
Note: I know a lot of you reading this are email subscribers, so if you’d like to enter the giveaway by emailing me your healthy change, I’ll accept those entries too. Send them to eatspinrunrepeat (at) gmail (dot) com.
For bonus entries, you can do the following (and make sure you comment letting me know that you did):
- Follow @eatspinrunrpt and @MeghanTelpner on Twitter
- Like Eat Spin Run Repeat and Meghan Telpner on Facebook
- Tweet this giveaway. Use something like: “I want to win a copy of #UnDiet by @MeghanTelpner from @eatspinrunrpt! http://wp.me/p1Y0xO-4Sf” (Click here to have this tweet auto-populate in your Twitter stream.)
This giveaway is open to EVERYONE (yippee!) until Sunday, September 1st at midnight EST. The winner will be announced in Monday morning’s post. Good luck!