Good morning all!
How are you? Having a good week so far? No complaints here – in fact, it’s been pretty awesome! Lately I’ve been making a point of getting a bunch of little things taken care of on the weekend that I don’t particularly love doing (bill paying, cleaning, errands etc) and since I’m not having to do them during the week now, my time outside of work has been so much more enjoyable. I’ve got some fun plans coming up tonight but you’ll hear more about those in an upcoming post. For now, let’s get talk about dinner.
Some of my favourite dinners are the ones that aren’t intentionally made for the blog. The ones where I just start slicing and dicing, stir frying and sauteeing, tossing everything into a bowl, and just before I sit down to demolish it all, realize, “Hey, that actually looks really nice!” By no means do all of my meals look pretty, but last week, this one happened to be one of them. It seems zucchini noodles are naturals in front of the camera!
This dish, which I’m calling Warm Seared Scallops Over Zucchini Noodles, was the result of finding some Costco scallops in the back of my freezer that I totally forgot I had. ***Angela does food nerd happy dance here.*** Scallops, once thawed only need about 3-4 minutes to cook on the stove and the rest of the recipe requires no cooking at all. We like easy, right?
The ingredients here are so simple – fresh basil and parsley, a little garlic, a slightly sweet white balsamic vinegar – and the end result is absolutely wonderful. Scallops have a really delicate flavour, and I loved how they were still the superstars when paired with the other ingredients.Print
Seared Scallops over Zucchini Noodles
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 small zucchini, washed and ends chopped off
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tsp freshly chopped basil
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6-8 small scallops, about 1″ diameter
- black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, or container with a lid, whisk together the oil and vinegar and set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini and toss it with the chopped cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper pieces, basil and parsley. Pour half of the vinaigrette over it and toss to coat. Let it sit at room temperature while you prepare the scallops.
- Put a skillet on the stove on high heat and warm the garlic in the pan. When it starts to become fragrant, add the remaining vinaigrette and scallops.
- Sautee the scallops, stirring occasionally and scraping up any brown bits until most of the liquid disappears and scallops appear white throughout. (This should only take about 3-4 minutes).
- When scallops are cooked, serve them over the zucchini noodle salad. Season with black pepper and add a few basil or parsley sprigs to garnish if desired