Happy Friday guys!
First of all, thank you SO much for all your support after my big announcement on Wednesday. I’m so excited about this new phase of my life and I’m thrilled to have you guys along for the ride as it all unfolds. You can expect to see plenty of Vancouver explorations documented on the blog over the coming months and I’m already looking forward to creating new recipes for you in my new kitchen (wherever that may be – it’s still TBD!)
I’ll be busting out the moving boxes once again this weekend, but in the meantime I’ve got a new workout for you.
Work It Out
As I described in my training recap post on Monday, my bike and run workouts have been pretty basic and unexciting when it comes to tossing in all sorts of crazy intervals. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t have some excitement to throw at you to keep you excited about your next gym session! Today’s routine happens on the bike and mixes work intervals that vary in length with rest phases that do the same. It’ll definitely keep you body guessing!
The Hard-Charging Bike Interval Workout
Begin with a 10 minute warm-up to get your legs warm, then move into the first block – a 4 minute work effort with a 1 minute recovery. As you progress, the work periods will get shorter (but more intense) and the rest will get longer in order to allow you to recover fully. Be sure to go hard in the work phases and earn that recovery! You’ll want to increase resistance the most for the climbs, moderately for the surges, and enough to cycle without bouncing in the saddle for the 5 30s sprints.
When you’ve finished, cool down by cycling easy until your heart rate comes back down to normal.
Turn It Up
During my airport wait on my way home from Vegas I had some time to kill, so I decided to freshen up some of my playlists with new tunes, including today’s feature. It’s been a long time since there’s been any Britney Spears songs here on Eat Spin Run Repeat, but the Thomas Datt Remix of Britney’s Till the World Ends is amazing!
Have A Read
- WTF are barre workouts and are they worth doing? – via Greatist
- Lock in success with stronger hips – via Ironman – Whether you’re a runner, cyclist, or triathlete, here’s some great tips and exercises for targeting this key area and preventing injuries.
- 3 virtual training options – via Competitor. Some good suggestions for having more fun with your training, from gamification to challenges with your virtual training partners.
- 7 apps for triathletes – via Competitor. I’m definitely investigating the Bike Doctor one!
- I’m really proud to be profiled on my coach’s website, Outstrip Endurance, as a featured athlete. You can check it out here!
Now it’s over to you! I’d love to know…
- Are there any new (or new-to-you) fitness/training apps that you’ve been loving lately?
- What’s on your workout radar this weekend?
As always, I’m open to your workout requests for future Fit Bit Friday posts. If there’s a particular type of workout or area of your fitness that you want to work on, either comment below or contact me and I’ll do my best to accommodate!