It has been FO-RE-VERRRRRR since a favourite things roundup has appeared here on the blog, and there are a few things I’ve been eating, using, making and carrying along (but mostly eating) over the last little while that I’m dying to tell you about. Aside from the obvious food items that are always fall favourites (honeycrisp apples, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts and pumpkin errrythang – duh), the 3 items I’ve got for you today are quickly becoming my everyday essentials.
There are 2 recipes and plenty of things for you to win, so let’s hop straight in, shall we?
Amped-up Chia Seeds: Prana ProactivCHIA
Chia seeds are one of my go-to ingredients when I’m making smoothies because they do so many great things: thickening the consistency, adding fibre, and boosting the omega-3 content of my blender creations. However, as I’m sure you’re aware, chia seeds can be used in a lot more than just smoothies!
Recently I was sent a bag of Prana’s new ProactivCHIA, which are chia seeds with added probiotics. Each serving contains 4 billion CFUs of probiotics from 2 live strains (Lactobacillus acidophilus & Lactobacillus helveticus). On its own, chia seeds contain tons of prebiotic fibre, but with the addition of probiotics, they pretty much become a gut health hero.
So what’s a girl to do during pumpkin season when she’s got a few cans of pumpkin puree and a bag of chia seeds in the pantry? Pumpkin Chia Pudding of course!
Pumpkin Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (1 serving)
- In a bowl or glass, stir together all ingredients except chopped walnuts and pepitas. If you prefer a thinner pudding, use 2/3 cup almond milk, but if not, use 1/2 cup.
- Let the chia seeds thicken the mixture for 10-15 minutes, or overnight.
- Give the pudding another stir and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Sprinkle walnuts and pepitas on top before serving.
ProactivCHIA in whole and ground forms can be found in lots of major grocery chains, health food stores, and supermarkets with healthy living aisles across Canada, and I’m told that shipping to the US will start in the spring of 2016. I’ve got a few bags to give away to my Canadian readers, but we’ll get to that in a second. ?
Beauty Boosters: Sibu Therapy Essentials Collection + Sea Buckthorn Liquid Supplement
Sibu is quickly becoming my favourite skin care line because the company’s products just make my skin feel so darn good. I first talked about their key beauty-boosting superfood, sea buckthorn, in this post, but in short, what you need to know is that it contains 190 bioactive nutrients that help to enhance whole body health. Sibu has two different liquid supplements that contain sea buckthorn: Omega 7 Pure (100% pureed sea buckthorn berries, super tart, and great in this Orange Sherbet Smoothie), and Sea Buckthorn Liquid Supplement, which is a blend of sea buckthorn puree, other high-antioxidant fruit juices, and sea buckthorn oil.
This one is far less tart than the 100% puree, yet still helps to promote great total body wellness, specifically healthy hair, nails, and skin. You can drink it straight-up on its own, or blend it into a smoothie like I’ve done with this Mandarin Cranberry Smoothie Bowl.
Mandarin Cranberry Smoothie Bowl
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Ingredients (1 serving)
- Whirl everything except ice and toppings in a blender on high until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and continue blending until no chunks remain.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with toppings, then enjoy with a spoon!
Of course, Sibu also has a bunch of natural skincare products, and my favourite these days is the Therapy Essentials Collection, which includes the face and body bar, nourishing facial cream, and sea buckthorn seed oil. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve always had really problematic skin and used to break out a LOT, but ever since starting to use Sibu’s products earlier this year, I’ve been (knock on wood) very much breakout-free. It’s great stuff, I tell ya!
My friends at Sibu are graciously letting me give away one Therapy Essentials Collection kit to one of you lucky readers – read on to find out how to win it!
Tea to Go: Libre Tea Travel Glass
I don’t know about you, but when the cool weather hits, I don’t drink nearly as much water as I do during the summer when it’s hot outside. This was the case in September, which played out as a very rainy month here in Vancouver. This month I’ve made an effort to significantly up my fluid game with herbal, caffeine-free teas. Oodles of flavours at David’s Tea never fail to excite me, but so do pretty looking travel glasses like this one from Libre Tea.
I was recently sent the Starburst Tea Glass to try, and compared to some of my other travel mugs, it’s so much better! The outside is made of BPA-free poly and the inside layer is glass, so my tea stays hot and my fruit-infused water stays cold.
There are two lid pieces – a wide-mouthed piece with a strainer in the middle, plus the actual lid which can be used in on top of, or in place of the strainer if you don’t need that layer. The top lid has a really good seal on it (no spills yet!) and the mesh on the strainer is fine enough that it doesn’t let any of my loose leaf tea leaves through. Oh, and it’s turquoise. ?
So what’s the giveaway?
Here’s what’s up for grabs (and the countries that are eligible for each):
- 3 bags of Prana ProactivCHIA (1 bag per winner) – Canada only
- 1 Sibu Therapy Essentials Kit – Canada or US
- 1 large Libre Tea Starburst glass – Canada, US, Australia or UK
As usual, there are lots of ways you can enter and get bonus entries:
- Mandatory to enter: Leave a comment on this post telling me what you’d like to win most, as well as one thing you’re loving this fall.
- BONUS: Like Libre Tea, Prana and Sibu on Twitter. Then comment below and let me know that you did.
- BONUS: Subscribe to the Eat Spin Run Repeat Quarterly Newsletter (next edition coming up very soon!) Then comment below and let me know that you subscribed.
- BONUS: Tweet about this giveaway. Something like the tweet below would be just perfect. Then comment below and let me know that you tweeted.
This giveaway will close at 6pm PT/9pm ET this Thursday, October 22nd and I’ll announce the winners in Friday morning’s post. Until then, good luck and I’ll see ya back here on Wednesday with another recipe!