And what a lovely Friday it is. Short weeks often mean added craziness, and I don’t know about you, but this has certainly been the case over here. Between work, a few social commitments, blog re-design tasks and taking my Macbook back and forth to the Apple Store for some surgery, I’m more than ready for 5pm to get here. But first…. fitness!
Work It Out
Thanks to last week’s treadmill mishap I’m continuing to lay off of running for a little while longer, and the effects of operating on lower levels of endorphins than my body has become accustomed to have been very noticeable. However, no running doesn’t mean no sweating, and today’s workout will most definitely provide a head to toe challenge.
The Row For It Workout
For this one, all you’ll need is a rowing machine and a small space next to it. You’ll alternate between all-out 500m rowing sprints and push-ups, descending from 10 to 1. The goal is to complete the whole thing as fast as you can, so you’ll rest only as long as you need – if at all. Begin with an easy cardio-based warm-up (easy rowing, walking etc) before starting a timer and doing your first 500m row sprint. Hop off the machine, do 10 push-ups, then hop right back on and repeat, doing 9 push-ups, then 8, 7, etc.
Turn It Up
Those of you who read regularly know I don’t post country music often because it’s not my fave genre, but I couldn’t resist sharing this week’s tune, Without A Fight because it’s been stuck in my head for weeks. You may think that Brad Paisley and Demi Lovato are an incredibly unlikely pair, and I did too – especially since Demi isn’t known for country. However, she does a killer job in this song… and Brad does a pretty great job too. 🙂 Oh, and if you’re interested in another unexpected country-meets-popstar duet, check out this one with Kenny Chesney and Pink.
Can’t see the video? Click here.
Have A Read
- 10 fat-blasting bootcamp moves you can do with zero space – via Women’s Health
- Why do we love torturously tough workouts so much? – via Shape
- How to know if you’re suffering from workout burnout and what to do about it – via Mind Body Green
Your turn! Tell me…
- What are you up to this weekend?
- Rowing machine: love it or hate it? I love to hate it. Hate because I find it incredibly monotonous, but the same could be argued about treadmill, which doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it does some people I know. At the same time, I love it because it provides a new challenge and forces me to develop stronger pulling muscles.