One of my biggest areas of interest when it comes to nutrition is eating to beat inflammation, and as more studies come out on this topic, the findings seem to point to a mostly plant-based diet being the way to do it.
As we all know, smoothies are a super convenient way of packing a ton of plants into a single glass, all while making them taste good at the same time – not just like a pureed salad! This Hot Shot Green Smoothie checks both boxes – nutrition and deliciousness – and it’s made of some super potent anti-inflammatory ingredients – ginger, turmeric and dark leafy greens. Ginger and turmeric are also superstars when it comes to supporting digestion, so by drinking one of these, you’ll have a happy tummy too!
Hot Shot Green Smoothie
Made with turmeric, ginger, fresh citrus and plenty of greens, this Hot Shot Green Smoothie helps to beat inflammation and also supports digestion.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: drinks + smoothies
- Method: blender
- 2 big handfuls mixed organic baby kale + spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Essentials
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 peeled navel orange
- 1/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 tbsp minced fresh peeled ginger root
- 2 tbsp Sibu Beauty Omega 7 Blend (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1cm piece peeled fresh turmeric root (or 1/4 tsp organic ground turmeric) + a pinch of black pepper to aid absorption
- pinch of cayenne (or two, if you’re feeling adventurous)
- 8 ice cubes
- Toss everything into the blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Depending on how much spice you like, add a little more turmeric, ginger and/or cayenne if you like.
- Blend once more, then pour and enjoy!