When it comes to summer fruits, peaches have always been one of my favourites. My mum grew up in Windsor ON, so for most of my childhood summers, we flew from Edmonton AB (or our later home in the Middle East) to visit her family. With Essex County being a region known for peach production, I would start pretty much every day with a breakfast that involved peaches in some way. You could almost taste the sunshine on these guys, and no store-bought off-season peach would ever compare.
These days I’m lucky enough to live on the west coast of BC, and the Okanagan is also prime fruit growing territory. From berries and cherries to peaches of all different kinds, we have an abundance of it available and you better believe I take full advantage every year! It just so happens that August is National Peach Month, and I’m kicking off the celebrations a couple of days early with this Peaches and Greens Smoothie Bowl. Bight, slightly tart and topped with fresh coconut and dried goldenberries, this is one you’ve gotta try before summer ends!Print
Peaches and Greens Smoothie Bowl
This Peaches and Greens Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to get your fill of one of summer’s juiciest fruits, plus a hefty dose of detoxifying greens in the process!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: breakfast, smoothie, dairy free, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, low sugar, high protein, anti-inflammatory
- Method: blender
- 1 scoop vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein or your fave vanilla protein powder
- 1 big handful mixed greens (I used baby spinach and chard)
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 serving Navitas Organics Detox Superfood Boost or 1 tsp of your favourite greens powder
- ½ tsp matcha
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ice, as needed
- to garnish: peach slices, dried coconut, dried goldenberries
Toss all ingredients except ice and garnishes into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
Add ice as needed to reach your desired consistency, blending again until smooth.
Pour into a bowl and garnish with additional peach slices, coconut and goldenberries. Serve with a spoon!
Feel free to swap peaches for any other stone fruit – apricots and nectarines work great too!
- Serving Size: entire recipe (without toppings)
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 486mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 0mg