Pear and Pecan Wild Rice Salad
This Pear and Pecan Wild Rice Salad is a delicious healthy choice when it comes to take-to-work fall lunches. Toss together a big batch and eat well all week!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: salad
- Method: roast
For the rice
For the roasted chicken and sweet potatoes
For the rest
For the dressing (makes about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the rice, bay leaf and water to a boil on the stove in a large saucepan. Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce heat to a simmer for 40-45 minutes. (This may vary depending on the kind of rice you use – check the package!) Stir occasionally, adding more water if needed. Once cooked, strain off any extra liquid and set the rice in the fridge to cool.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with half of the olive oil and herbs. Scatter them in an even layer on the baking sheet. Brush the chicken breasts on both sides with the remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining herbs. Set the chicken on the same pan as the sweet potatoes, and roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring the sweet potatoes occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients as directed above. Combine them all in a large bowl.
- In a mason jar or other container, shake up the dressing ingredients.
- Stir the rice into the salad and drizzle about half of the dressing on top. Toss to coat. Serve remaining dressing on the side and add as needed.