Valentine’s Day is coming up soon, for those of you looking for a chocolate fix, you’ve come to the right place!
These Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bites have a cookie dough-like consistency, and they’re perfect as a quick sweet treat that also happens to be packed with antioxidants, healthy fats and stress-busting compounds. Whether you’re making them for your Valentine, or for yourself (which I totally recommend!), I’m confident you won’t be disappointed.
Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bites
Quick, easy and no baking required: These Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bites will be your new favourite healthy snack!
- Prep Time: 10 mins (+ chilling)
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 12 bites
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- 3 chopped pitted Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp water, added as needed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp each vanilla extract and almond extract (optional, but highly recommended)
- pinch of sea salt
- Chop dates into small pieces and set them in a bowl of warm water for 5 mins.
- Whirl the oats and protein powder in a food processor until it resembles a flour. Pour it into a large bowl.
- Strain water from the dates and place them in the food processor. Pulse/process until broken into small pieces.
- Add back to the processor half of the oat flour mixture, plus all remaining ingredients. Process on low, then on high, until a mixture with cookie dough-like consistency forms. Add a tablespoon or two of water if needed to keep the dough from getting too dry.
- Depending on the size of your food processor, you can either add the remaining flour to the jug and continue processing, or transfer the contents of the jug to your larger bowl and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in a ball and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll into 12 balls and enjoy!
I recommend keeping these stored in the fridge if you have leftovers as they taste best when chilled. If you want to make a larger batch, they also freeze well in a sealed container.
More no-bake treats to try