It’s a BIG day, friends. The Feel Better Sugar Detox is finally here!
In all the years this blog has been in existence, sugar has been one of the #1 things that you guys have told me you struggle with. I totally hear ya, and have been there myself. I firmly believe that you deserve to look, live and feel the way you want to, and one of my goals as a holistic wellness coach and blogger is to support you in getting there. If you’re saying “Well Angela, I want to feel amazing!“, then you’re in the right spot. When you can let go of sugar as a vice for giving you a temporary boost of energy, suppressing uncomfortable emotions, and all the other things we turn to sugar to ‘solve’, you will feel amazing!
With just a couple of days left in April, I thought it would be the perfect time to transition to a new theme for the month ahead:
If you’ve been needing the inspiration to hit the reset button, or if you feel like you could use some support in getting your nutrition back on track before summer, you’re going to like what’s coming up! It’ll be a month of focus on sugar intake, how to cut way back on added sugars, and incorporating real, whole, unrefined foods instead.
Here’s what you can expect from me for Sugar-Free May:
- The majority of Monday posts will be dedicated to easy swaps, nutrition tips and tricks for cutting back on sugar.
- ALL posts shared on Wednesdays will be 100% free of added sugars. Trust me guys, there are some deeeeelicious ones coming up, so good you’ll forget all about the sugar you’re not eating.
- More no-added-sugar recipes in my Instagram feed (follow along here!)
If you’d like to take things a step further…
Are you thinking that cutting back on sugar is exactly what you need, and that you might need a little something extra to stay motivated? In this case, I’d love to share the Feel Better Sugar Detox with you too. This is far more than a quick meal plan or an unbearably restrictive 10-item list of “allowed” food. Instead, it’s a full-on, 48 page guide packed with the tools you need to kick sugar and free yourself from it’s not-so-sweet consequences.
What makes this program different?
1. I’ll teach you the why.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I try to make a lifestyle change that I suspect will be a challenge, I want to know exactly why the effort is going to be worth my while. What will the challenge do that makes me look back believing the effort was 10000% worth it? I want to know what’s happening inside my body that’s causing me to look, live and feel better. Sound familiar?
The first portion of the program is dedicated to laying this super important ground work. I’ve broken down everything you need to know about sugar’s effects on your body, the signs of sugar addiction, how it plays with your emotions, why you crave sugar and what to do about it to get the cravings to go away.
2. It’s flexible and offers lots of options.
The Feel Better Sugar Detox is designed to run for 2-4 weeks depending on how long you want to commit. There are 2 meal plans included which you can do for 1 week or 2 weeks each.
Meal Plan A is a reduced sugar plan, whereas Meal Plan B is the very low sugar plan. Both will offer you structure if you’re the type that wants me to make all your food choices for you. However, you’ll also get the Sugar Detox Shopping List which opens up tons of choice. You can mix and match the meal plans with your favourite ingredients from the list, or take a DIY approach and build all of your meals based on that list.
So to recap, the options are:
- Do meal plan A and B for 1-2 weeks each, for a total of 2-4 weeks
- Combine the meal plans with your favourite foods from the Sugar Detox Shopping List
- Freestyle completely and make all your own meals based on the Sugar Detox Shopping List.
3. The focus is on the huge variety of foods you can eat, not the ones you can’t!
As I said earlier, this isn’t about restricting your meals to a small handful of ingredients that you’re sick of after a day. You’ll see in the Sugar Detox Shopping List that there are TONS of wonderful, delicious whole foods that you’re free to enjoy on this program and beyond. You might even discover a few you never knew you liked!
A little more info on what’s inside…
- An overview of what to expect
- The answer to how much added sugar is recommended, and how to track your own sugar consumption to see how you compare
- How we develop sugar addiction
- The not-so-sweet consequences
- Better-for-you sugar substitutes and food swaps
- The link between sugar and our emotions
- How to build a Sugar Detox-approved plate
- A Sugar Detox Shopping List to take to the grocery store
- 2 meal plans with flexible options that fit your lifestyle (all gluten-free and vegan-friendly)
- Tons of delicious recipes (none of which have added sugar!)
- Low-sugar snack ideas
- How to keep your momentum going after you finish the program
Is the program gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, or vegetarian-friendly?
Yes! All recipes are free of gluten and dairy, although I’ve made recommendations for foods that are Sugar-Detox approved that do fall into these categories, just in case you like to enjoy them. Some of the recipes are 100% vegan and where they’re not, I’ve provided options to make them that way.
Ready to get started? Grab your cop of the Feel Better Sugar Detox here.