Looking for the best of the blog? You’ll find it here!
Below is a list of some of the most popular posts on Eat Spin Run Repeat. Whether you’re a brand new reader or a long-time subscriber looking for some motivation and inspiration to fuel your healthy lifestyle, I hope you’ll find what you’re looking for. If there’s a topic I haven’t covered, or if you can’t find it elsewhere on the blog, feel free to contact me at eatspinrunrepeat (at) gmail (dot) com, and I’ll do my best to get on it right away!
- Top tips for easy healthy meal preparation – My 10 best tips for making clean eating and meal making easier and more convenient.
- How I do Sunday meal prep – Alternatively titled ‘what Angela eats for lunch at work’, this post provides a glimpse into the meals that I prepare to get me through the week. I like to take a ‘spend 2 hours to slice and dice, eat all week long’ sort of approach that saves heaps of time and helps me to make healthy choices, even when I’m busy and not in the mood for cooking.
- How to eat clean consistently (even when you don’t want to) – The motivation monster can strike at any time, but here’s my advice for staying on track with your nutrition.
- 8 healthy and portable post-workout snacks – What you eat after you sweat counts, so make sure you’re re-charging your body with high-quality, nutrient-dense food. Here are some easy ideas for enjoying at home or on the go.
- 10 ways to detox without driving yourself and everyone around you totally crazy – Yes, it really is possible! And some of the tricks are sitting in your kitchen.
- Juicy Tidbits - My 4-part series on everything you need to know about juicing, including 4 videos and lots of recipes! All 4 posts in the series can be found at this link.
- 5 top tips for eliminating sugar cravings – Trying to ditch the sweet stuff? This post should help.
- A clean eater’s guide: The stealthy healthy way to shop at Costco – The strategy Costco uses in their floorplan and product stock choices that makes them so successful, as well as a infographic to help guide you to the healthier choices.
- Living the Whole Foods Lifestyle: A Complete System for Fast (Clean!) Food - This is the post where I launched my e-book, which had been in the works for several months. If you’ve been trying to clean up your diet for months but still haven’t had much success, you can read more about the book in this post. It includes my favourite gadgets, ingredients, and techniques for making clean eating easy, as well as templates for meal planning and grocery shopping, and 13 healthy recipes that aren’t posted on the blog.
- How to eat clean while traveling – My 5-step process for keeping my eats clean when I’m away from home
- Reader’s Request: Portion Control
- Hey there, how’s your thyroid? A post about what exactly this guy’s role is in your body, and why you should eat sea veggies!
- Reader’s Request: What is “the best” diet?
- How to make green juice with a Vitamix and a pair of tights
- Sloooooowing down - Tips for mindful eating
- Tips for healthy eating in university
- How to avoid hitting the mid-afternoon energy wall
- How to become a morning person
About Fitness and Group Cycling
- 5 ways to get more out of your spin class – A must-read for a better ride.
- My secrets for making every early-morning workout awesome – If you’ve been trying to become a morning person, or if your morning gym sessions have felt sluggish lately, check this one out.
- What’s the difference between freestyle and RPM spin classes?
- Cues and shoes - An explanation of common spinning cues and the benefits of spinning shoes
- Moksha vs Bikram - what’s the difference?
- Roll it out - What is a foam roller, how to use it, and why you should
- Chandeliers and silk cocoons: My first experience with anti-gravity yoga – It also happened to be my last! An interesting, challenging, and dizzying experience all in one hour.
- Drop sets - An explanation of what they are and types of exercise that are well-suited for them
- Kettlebells 101 - What they are, why they’re fabulous, and how to use them
- Feeling the burn without burning out - How to avoid overtraining
- TR-What? All about TRX Training
- Treadmill running for short attention spans – If getting bored on the treadmill is stopping you from getting a good workout, try one of these 9 ways to keep yourself entertained.
- Running Tips Part 1: Treadmill Running
- Running Tips Part 2: Training Plan Basics
- Running Tips Part 3: Building a Training Plan
- Running Tips Part 4: Cross Training and Tapering
- Running Tips Part 5: Gear for Race Day
- Running Tips Part 6: Advice for Race Day
- Packing for a Half Marathon Away from Home
- Reflections on Recovery – a post about my experience on overcoming an injury that put my running on hold for 10 weeks.
- Race Recap: Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon 2012 Part 1
- Race Recap: Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon 2012 Part 2
- Race Recap: Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon 2013
About Goal Setting and Time Management
- Thoughts on balance… and an announcement – A post about achieving more balance in life and my decision to drop down to blogging 3x per week. I can’t believe I used to post every day!
- 15 big questions to answer in your journal – Some big hairy questions to trigger your thinking and get that pen flowing.
- Arts & Crafts Extravaganza – My vision board for 2010
- Goal Setting – Vision Board for 2011
- Goals: How NOT to fall off the wagon – Part 1
- Goals: How NOT to fall off the wagon – Part 2
- New Years = New Goals, but how do I set them? Part 1
- New Years = New Goals, but how do I set them? Part II
- 2012: Make Every Minute Count! My 2012 vision board and goals for 2012
- 2013: Happy, Healthy, Hot! My vision board for 2013
- 2014: You can do anything! My vision board for 2014