I’m really excited to tell you guys about yet another awesome giveaway, but it wouldn’t be a proper Wednesday morning post without some food action first. Let’s get straight into it!
1. Recipe of the Week. On Saturday night, I had some of my besties over for a night of catching up and eating a ton of absolutely delicious food. One thing I love about hanging out with this particular group of ladies is that whenever we get together, I know I’m not going to wake up the next day feeling like crap after a night of over-indulgence. Typically each of us brings a couple of appetizer-like dishes, and on this particular occasion, I felt like busting out some rice wraps and a bunch of veggies for some fresh spring rolls.
If you’ve ever looked at spring rolls and thought “wow, looks pretty, but I have zero patience for all that chopping. Don’t worry – I have your solution:
Broccoli slaw has got to be one of the best inventions ever when it comes to food. It’s one of my favourite quick meal prep ingredients and I regularly use it in recipes like this one. Of course, you could do all of the washing and chopping yourself but if that’s not your thing, it doesn’t get much easier than opening up a bag and dumping the slaw into a bowl!
While the slaw on its own might sound a bit bland, the super simple sauce you’re going to put on it will blow your mind. We’re talking foodgasms of monumental proportions.
It’s a blend of peanut butter, rice vinegar, red curry paste, water, chili flakes, and a pinch of stevia, and you can bet I licked every last bit of it out of my Vitamix. In fact, I’d like to face plant into this sauce. On Sunday, I made a huge batch so it can also be my go-to salad dressing and stir-fry sauce all throughout this week. Might even have it on an omelette tomorrow morning!
Back to the actual recipe. The final product was Fresh Spring Rolls with Red Curry Dipping Sauce and they disappeared fast. The rolls are lovely and crunchy, and serve as a perfect vehicle for transporting as much sauce as you can possibly scoop up from the bowl to your mouth. But don’t just take my word for it…
2. Momentum jewelry. Before I tell you about Momentum, think back to the last time you were faced with a situation that tested your limits. Maybe it was something like making a choice between unexpected donuts at the office or the hummus and veggie snack you packed for yourself. Perhaps it was choosing between getting out of bed, putting on your workout gear, and heading to the gym, or staying in bed for an extra hour. Or maybe it was deciding between emptying the tank in the last mile of a long run and giving it your all, or calling it quits early because your mind just didn’t want to go any longer. I’m sure we can all relate to one of these situations – they happen to everybody and sometimes you need an extra little kick in the pants to stay on track.
I recently discovered Momentum, a small jewelry company run by two passionate, active, creative women named Amy and Wendy. Both are moms who believe in the importance of living a healthy lifestyle (not just for themselves, but instilling it in their families too), and using jewelry as a means of expression. It just so happened that I stumbled across their website after a ‘meh’ workout, looking for a bit of extra motivation. After learning a bit more about these two ladies and their jewelry, I fell in love instantly.
Amy and I got chatting over email, and she graciously offered to send me a wrap bracelet and some shoe charms, known as Foot Notes. Momentum offers plenty of customization options – you can choose the colour of your wrap, the shape of the metal plate, and of course, the motivational words on it. I chose the teal wrap with ‘live with passion’ on the rectangular plate, and I’ve been wearing it non-stop!
For the Foot Notes, I picked ‘Run Fast’ and put them on my Asics GT-1000 2s.
From what I hear, the mid-course hill that I’ll be racing on as part of this Saturday’s 7 miler is an enormous, loose gravel-covered monster. Any extra motivation I can get for this one is most welcome, so I’m really looking forward to having both of my Momentum prezzies with me! Regardless of whether you’re a runner or not, I’d love to let you be inspired by Momentum too! Are we in the mood for a little giveaway? 😉
The ladies at Momentum are offering one lucky Eat Spin Run Repeat reader a chance to win their choice of a wrap bracelet or Foot Notes, customized as you like. (You can check out the options for each product on the Momentum website.) Here’s how to enter:
- Mandatory: Leave a comment below telling me which item you like best and what you’d like yours to say
- Bonus: Tweet about this giveaway, mentioning @eatspinrunrpt and @MomentumJewelry in your tweet. If you like, I’ve written one for you.
- Bonus: Go to the Momentum website and pin your favourite item to Pinterest. Then leave the URL of your pin in the comments below.
- Bonus: Follow @eatspinrunrpt and @MomentumJewelry on Instagram, then go to my feed and find the image below. Repost it, tagging me in your post so I can keep track.
If you just can’t wait and HAVE to have some of Momentum’s awesome creations now, you can use the discount code GGS158 from now until July 15th and save 15% off your order. Mother’s Day prezzies, perhaps!?! 😉
This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada, and closes at midnight EST, Sunday May 11th, 2014. I’ll announce the winner in Monday’s post. Good luck! 🙂