Hey there guys!
How are you today? This has been a pretty great week and I’m pleased to tell you that I’ve crossed one goal off of my list of 3 for August already! Yesterday was my day to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and it was so much fun! I’ll tell you more about it at the end of the month in my recap, but for now, just know that if you’ve ever considered giving it a try (even if you have absolutely no experience and don’t consider yourself a DIY-er at all) go for it.
Into today’s fitness chat…
Work It Out
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen the photo I posted on Monday after what was a pretty spectacular run/track workout/strength training combo. The weather was nice when I woke up that morning, but I planned to go to the gym because I knew I needed to do a strength training session and also knew that if I went for a run outside, I wouldn’t want to go to the gym to do it afterwards. But after rolling around for 30 minutes trying to get myself to go back to sleep until the gym opened (since it was a holiday, that wasn’t until 8am), I decided to scrap that plan and get outside. I’m SO glad I did, because it felt amazing. I’m calling this one The Superwoman Workout, not because it’s epically hard but because I felt so good after. And that’s what physical activity is supposed to do, right? Right.
The Superwoman Workout
The chart below shows my entire workout, including the run around the neighbourhood that I did beforehand. If you aren’t a big runner or just don’t have time for that part, no worries – you can go straight to the track. You won’t need any equipment for this aside from some bleachers or a bench for the strength training portion.
Turn It Up
Have you heard Colourblind by Glenn Morrison ft Andrew Cole yet? If not, you’re about to. GUYS. This one is fabulous! The chorus makes it the kind of song that I would love to have playing really loud as I cross the finish line of a race, or really loudly at any time during a race really. It’s uplifting, happy, and one I hope you enjoy too!
Have A Read
- How to believe in yourself when nobody else does – Hillary Biscay via MindBodyGreen. I shared this link on the Eat Spin Run Repeat Facebook page earlier this week but wanted to do it again because I think everyone should hear this message. If you haven’t heard of Hillary, she’s one of my role models and absolutely one of the toughest female athletes out there. She’s done over 60 IronMans and is also an IronMan and UltraMan world champion. It doesn’t matter if your goals are athletic in nature or in some other facet of your life, I think you’ll enjoy what she shares in this video.
- 3 secrets that make running feel easier – via Women’s Running
- A do-anywhere, full body resistance band workout – via Greatist
Alright, that’s it for now. I hope you have a lovely day, and before you go, I’d love to hear…
- Who is one of your biggest role models?
- What are you doing this weekend?