This is a very special Fit Bit Friday edition, and those of you who love listening to good workout tunes while working up a sweat are going to like it! Last week I ran a giveaway (which is now closed, but thank you all for participating!) and in order to enter, I asked you to tell me what your current favourite workout jam is. There were LOTS, and I’ve compiled them all into one great big list with links to their videos. More about that in a second – let’s talk about the new circuit I have to share first.
Work It Out
This week’s routine, as the name implies, is a great lower body burner and will leave you feeling nice and Jell-O leggy if you do it right. Over the past little while I’ve been focusing on circuits that involve moves I suck at (think burpees, squat jumps, box jumps, and other plyo moves) but this one turned out to be a lot of fun and challenging at the same time. I hope you enjoy it too!
The All About Them Legs Workout
For the circuit below, you’ll need a heavier set of dumbells, a step, bench or box, a skipping rope, and a long stretch of space for the walking lunges. Aim to complete the entire thing 3-4 times, resting 1-2 minutes after each round. When you’ve finished, be sure to stretch and focus on your quads, hamstrings, hip flexors and glutes.
Turn It Up
Alright, here it is: All of your song suggestions! Shake it Off by Taylor Swift and Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj definitely won the popularity contest and I’m no different in my opinion – both of those are on my playlist right now too! But in this mix you’ll find a whole bunch of others. Hopefully some of them help you give a little extra in your next workout!
- Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
- Drop It Low – Ester Dean ft Chris Brown
- I’m Every Woman – Chaka Khan
- All About that Bass – Meaghan Trainor
- Baby’s Got Back – Sir Mix-a-Lot
- Anaconda – Nicki Minaj
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Chandelier – Sia
- Go Square Go – Glasvegas
- Prime Mover – M.O.R.P.H
- I Will Never Let You Down – Rita Ora
- Break Free – Ariana Grande ft. Zedd
- The King is Coming – The Newsboys
- I’ve Got the Magic – B.O.B
- My Body (cover) – Volbeat – Special shout out to Marissa for suggesting this one – I CANNOT. STOP. listening to it!
- Berzerk – Eminem
- Fireball – Pitbull ft. John Ryan
- Wicked Games – Parra for Cuva ft Anna Naklab
- Temple of Love – The Sisters of Mercy
- 1 Hit Wonder – Mike Boyd
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce ft. Jay Z
- Lightning – Alex Goot
- Sing His Praises – Matt Gilman
- Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – Backstreet Boys
- Raise Your Glass (Liam Keegan Remix) – Pink – The suggestion was anything by Pink, and I had to throw this one in there because it’s one of my favourite remixes of this song!
- Heroes – Alesso
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Rather Be (All About She Remix) – Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne
- Sisters – A Tribe Called Red
- Work B**ch – Britney Spears
- Boom Shack-A-Lak – MC Joe and the Vanillas (remixed version because I couldn’t find an original)
- Workout Plan – Kanye West
- Timber – Ke$ha ft. Pitbull
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- Universal Mind Control – Common ft. Pharrell
- Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida
- Lighters – Eminem ft Bruno Mars
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
Have A Read
- 3 simple tricks to improve running form – via Greatist
- How athletes should review their season – via Training Peaks
- 5 plyometric drills for triathletes – via Competitor.com
This weekend, I’ll be continuing my packing adventures, meeting up with my mum for brunch (and eating ALL the fruit at Cora’s), and watching the NBC coverage of this year’s Iron Man Kona World Championships. What will YOU be getting up to?