Happy Friday, and wow, has this ever been a crazy week. Do you have anything exciting happening this weekend? I’ve got my last Seawheeze long run on the agenda for Sunday, some good old hanging-with-friends time, a bit of blog work and getting a few surprises ready for when my besties arrive next week. Come onnnnn, 5pm!
Work It Out
Let’s take a break from run workouts this week and switch over to another full-body circuit, shall we? You’ll only need about 30 minutes and a skipping rope for this one, and even if you haven’t got a skipping rope, you can still mimic the motion with your hands. The workout is made up of 3 rounds – two 10-minute efforts that are identical, then one bonus. Feel free to modify the exercises to lower-impact options if you need to, and of course, always be sure your technique is solid before trying to squeak in more reps.
The Perfect 10 Full Body Strength Workout
For round 1, you’ll do a series of 5 exercises (reps indicated below) as many times through as you can for 10 minutes. Set a timer before you begin, and once 10 minutes is up, take 2 minutes to recover. You should definitely feel the need for a rest if you’re doing it right. ? Round 2 is identical to round 1, with the goal of being able to get a few more sets into the 10-minute interval. and round 3 is a bonus round where you’ll do 1 minute all-out of each of the 5 exercises. As many (properly executed) reps is the goal here. Finally, cool down with some easy cardio to get your heart rate back to normal.
- Curtsy squat-to-lunge – see video here. If you want to use weights for an added challenge, go ahead.
- Reverse lunge-to-knee-up – see the gif in exercise #4 here.
- Floor jack-to-pushup – Get into high plank pose. Do 5 plank jacks (jumping jacks with your feet only, hands planted on the floor), then do 1 push-up. That’s 1 rep.
Turn It Up
I don’t have a workout jam for you today, but I really wanted to share a video of something I’ve been super proud to be a part of. I’m blessed to be able to work for a brand that’s making a huge difference in the lives of girls, and this summer we hosted the ivivva Coast to Coast Summer Festival in multiple locations all across the US.
There was dancing, yoga, goal setting, motivational speakers and so much more. Here’s a little glimpse at what went down, and if you’re running the lululemon Seawheeze Half Marathon with me next weekend, watch for the ivivva girls and the ivivva-cle at the Coal Harbour cheer station!
Can’t see the video? Click here.
Have A Read
- Why elite athletes are better at resisting mental fatigue – via Runner’s World
- 10 killer plank variations to step up your plank game – via Women’s Health
- One hour workouts: 7 track sessions to try – via Triathlete
Now over to you! Let’s hear…
- Do you have any races left this summer? When’s your next one and how’s training going?
- I need to refresh my iPod. What are you sweating to these days?