Lightly spiced, lower in sugar and packed with greens, this vegan-friendly Cinnamon Ginger Pear Smoothie is a perfect fit for fall or winter mornings. Since pears are a lighter-tasting fruit, I recommend using milder greens in this recipe. (You will probably find that curly kale and chard will make it taste a little too green!)
Also, a heads up to those of you who, like me, really loooooove cinnamon, feel free to add more to taste after you’ve blended all the ingredients. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Ginger Pear Smoothie
High in protein and plenty of greens, this lightly-spiced Cinnamon Ginger Pear Smoothie is an easy breakfast or snack when the weather gets chilly.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: drinks + smoothies
- Method: blender
- 1 large ripe pear, cored
- 1 big handful of spinach or romaine lettuce
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 2 tbsp gluten-free oats
- 2 tsp grated ginger root
- 1/2 -1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth
- Adding more ice if you want to thicken the consistency, and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and drink up!